Scootle and CNA
Teachers across Catholic Education, Diocese of Parramatta now have access to the Catholic Network Australia (CNA) Portal which provides access to a range of services, including:
- a white pages directory (all Catholic teachers across Australia)
- a Catholic Schools Electorate Locator (all Catholic schools across Australia)
- a collection of educational resources which will
· provide collaborative 21st century learning tools
· facilitate sharing contemporary learning resources
· support professional learning
· facilitate innovation in resource creation and sharing
· promote and support partnerships
The purpose of Catholic Network Australia is to:
- procure, conduct and manages a contemporary, secure, private information technology network
realised through the recent Fibre network upgrades in schools
- provide educational services for the benefit of the Catholic community in Australia
realised through automatic access to The Learning Federation (TLF) digital content via Scootle
Scootle provides access to over 10,000 learning objects and digital curriculum content resources such as images, audio files and movie clips.
Teachers can use Scootle to create personalised learning paths containing digital curriculum materials organised into a learning sequence targeted to and shared with individual students, student groups or particular learning purposes. These materials can be easily selected and collected, and can be annotated with teachers’ own comments and descriptions.
Although many schools have already been accessing Scootle, the CNA portal provides 2 additional benefits:
- automatic access...teachers and schools no longer need to register or manage accounts
- access to additional CNA resources called Models of Contemporary Learning (MCL) which are designed to support professional learning across all catholic school. To view one of the MCL's, access Scootle and search for MCL.
If you have any problems accessing the CNA portal or Scootle, please contact the helpdesk (9840 56620 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information about Scootle or the Models of Contemporary Learning, contact the Learning Exchange (9677 4345 or email@example.com)
Download the Scootle user guide